The following table identifies many of our key stakeholder groups and summarizes how we engage each of them:
and end users
- White papers, case studies, voice-of-customer interviews, customer satisfaction surveys, webinars, Impeller customer magazine, news releases
- Consistent supply of news about Xylem’s performance across multiple dimensions, feedback channels on company intranet called Currents, Connect, Perform, Grow manager-employee appraisals, Ethics hotline and Code of Conduct (available in 26 languages), Xylem Employee Ombudsperson program, and employee training and development
- Annual report, quarterly earnings reports and webcast conference calls, news releases, and proactive shareholder outreach program on performance, plans, corporate governance and sustainability; company filings with the U.S. SEC; in September 2015, we also held an Investor Day
- Xylem Supplier Ombudsperson program, Supplier Code of Conduct (available in 18 languages) and Supplier Day events
- Local operations outreach, Xylem Watermark field assessments and sponsorship of local community initiatives
- ISO- and OHSAS-certification audit and permit applications
- Memberships and partnerships with the UN Global Compact, Stockholm International Water Institute, Ceres, U.S. Water Alliance, Value of Water Coalition, U.S. Water Partnership, Business Roundtable, Bipartisan Policy Center, Wastewater Equipment Manufacturers Association, Smart Water Networks Forum
- Xylem Watermark partners: EarthEcho International, Mercy Corps, China Women’s Development Corporation, Planet Water Foundation, Water for People and Fundación Avina
Xylem’s tagline is an inclusive invitation: Let’s Solve Water. Addressing the many water challenges our planet faces is a huge and vital undertaking that calls for collaboration and teamwork. We utilize a variety of resources and tactics to create two-way communication channels with our many stakeholders.
At Xylem, we identify a key stakeholder group as one that is critical to our business and strategy and a core partner in our growth and sustainability efforts. We work to engage our key stakeholder groups regularly, as well as considering broader society by including stakeholders such as certification and regulatory agencies, sustainability and financial rating agencies, and associations and non-governmental organizations. We reach out to and engage our stakeholders in many ways, with a focus on our key stakeholders.
For Xylem employees who work around the globe, we regularly distribute communications and conduct town halls and webcasts on our business strategy and results, as well as many different issues and topics of interest. These are translated into multiple languages to help foster a “one company” culture.
For customers and end users, we publish news about our products and services through a variety of media channels, original research, white papers and case studies, and a customer-focused digital magazine Impeller. We also conduct voice-of-customer interviews and customer satisfaction surveys to learn more about their needs and their perceptions of our company and our products. In 2016, we rolled out the Net Promoter Score (NPS) tool as an additional means of measuring customer satisfaction.
We also collaborate with other business and industry leaders through a variety of forums. Xylem is a member of several water- and sustainability-related organizations, and we participate in and sponsor leading water-industry events.
2016 Stakeholder Activities
Throughout 2016, we engaged in a variety of forums, conferences, programs and projects with our stakeholders to advance our shared mission of water sustainability. Here is a sampling of engagement activities in 2016.